Who Approaches T&T USA and Why
by Richard Taylor on Dec 20, 2019
Reading Time: c.4 mins
British expats living in America approach us for one – sometimes both – of the following reasons:
- You are trying to research your options for what do with your UK pension(s) as a US resident.
- You are age 50+ and starting to think about what retirement might look like and what steps you need to take to get there. Additionally, your situation is complicated because you’re a Brit living in the US and trying to coordinate UK pensions, US retirements accounts, UK state pension, social security, Medicare and more.
If you’re interested in #1, then head over to Considering a UK Pension Transfer? This is for You – where you will find a wealth of useful information.
If you’re focused on #2, then keep reading.
Does this describe you?
- British Expats living in America (whether a US citizen, Green Card or on a VISA)
- Aged 50+
- Starting to think about your Next Chapter (i.e. retirement, leaving work, changing career etc)
Do You Worry:
- That you might not be able to afford to retire in America?
- About the cost of health care in retirement in America?
- About the additional obstacles British expats face?
Would you like:
- Peace of mind that you can afford to live your desired lifestyle without fear of ever running out of money?
- Confidence in your next steps and overall plan?
- Comfort that comes from knowing that you are fully covered and working with people who know and understand people like you?
T&T USA is primarily a financial planning firm, we just happen to specialise in working with British Expats. It is important that expats seek advice from professionals qualified and experienced in cross border matters and we have written about that here – Why You Need a Specialist Advisor.
To give you an insight into life as a financial planning client at T&T USA, we have written an overview here – T&T USA: Integrated Life, Financial and Investment Planning for British Expatriates Living in America.
And if you want to know what it’s all about – why it could be a good idea for you to seek a relationship such as our – we have tried to distill it all here – T&T USA: Delivering Better Outcomes For Clients
Stand Alone Planning or Planning as Part of Ongoing Service
You have two options for financial planning with T&T USA.
- If you just need financial planning (as a standalone service)
- You’ll pay a flat fee.
- We will take you through the financial/retirement planning process.
- You’ll engage with us for ~6 months.
- You can reengage us to update your plan after the initial engagement is complete for an additional charge.
- If need financial planning as well as investment management
- We can manage your UK and/or US assets.
- As long as we manage >$500k, your AUM fee covers/includes financial planning at no additional cost.
- We will take you through the financial planning process (3 parts).
- We can revisit financial planning annually at no additional cost.
For more details on out planning proposition, please see our posts: T&T USA: Delivering Better Outcomes
and: T&T USA: Integrated Life, Financial and Investment Planning for British Expats Living in America
If you’d like to know more, please don’t hesitate to reach out: +1 646 201 4865 / email@example.com
Or book an appointment with Richard here (free; no expectation and no obligation):
Taylor & Taylor Financial Services USA LLC is a registered investment adviser. Information presented is for educational purposes only and does not intend to make an offer or solicitation for the sale or purchase of any specific securities, investments, or investment strategies. Investments involve risk and, unless otherwise stated, are not guaranteed. Be sure to first consult with a qualified financial adviser and/or tax professional before implementing any strategy discussed herein. Past performance is not indicative of future performance.